Sunday, September 18, 2011

Rock Start Penguin


Back in January I was hired by the Red Dawn Party company to create this rock star penguin character for the branding of their products. This character was inspired by my cool penguin illustration.  The client found it on istockphoto and decided to contact me to see if I could create a similar, yet possibly cooler character for them.

These are some of the initial sketches I did.  At this point I was brainstorming ideas. I was just sketching out different elements for the client to choose from.

Eventually they decided on certain elements that they liked which led to these initial design sketches. After seeing these they decided on modifying him a little further.  They decided to lose the guitar and give him some more clothing and stylistic elements that were in line with ed hardy tattoos and rebel spirit or true religion clothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment