Sunday, July 22, 2012

The Fantastic Three Sketch

I ran out of room to draw Thing  so it's just The Fantastic Three. Also, I'm not sure what Mr. Fantastic is thinking about. Coffee, maybe?

One of my favorite comic books has always been The Fantastic Four.  I love that it's a product of the 1960s and hasn't lost that retro scifi feel, for the most part.  The best part about it is that it's a team of adventurers dealing with all manner of crazy science fictions stories while living within a very real world and dealing with real problems, and that leads to some very humorous moments as well.

There's two versions of The Fantastic Four that I've always wanted to see in other media.  The first, is a big budget marvel movie that takes place in the 1960s.  Out of all the superheroes that were created in that time, The Fantastic Four was made for it and, I think, works best in that era.  Rumor has it that they are working on a re-boot, and with the success of X-men First Class there's always a possibility that it Could get made.

The second thing I'd love to see, is a really cartoony adventure cartoon, much in the style of my sketch.  I would love to see something that played up on the comedic real life moments more and had some good animation to it.  Imagine using the classic squash and stretch animation techniques on Mr. Fantastic.  We've had plenty of realistic, stiffly animated cartoons with these characters. I think this approach  would be refreshing and extremely entertaining.

1 comment:

  1. Wow....Great informative blog, here are lot of information have found for me..Thank you..

    ReplyDelete