Saturday, March 23, 2013

Magneto Wedding Officiator

I'm taking Suggestions again, over on my Facebook page.  This Time I'm asking for suggestions based on fictional characters. Last time I just did quick pen and ink drawings of each suggestion but this time I'm going to spend a little more time on each drawing to exercise my art muscles a little. I feel like I've been getting a little rusty in certain areas and I figured this would be a fun and challenging way to get some practice in.

This first suggestion comes from Michael Kwan.  His suggestion seems to be based on the recent news that actor Ian Mckellen would be officiating Patrick Stewarts wedding. Of coarse, Ian Mckellen played Magneto in the X-men along with Patrick Stewart but Patrick Stewart is probably more famous for his role in Star Trek: The Next Generation. Michael chose to go with the less obvious suggestion that Magneto be officiating Captain Picard's wedding rather than the Magneto officiating Proffesor X's wedding.

I decided to challenge myself a little by drawing the characters in a more comicbook fashion which has made me realize that I need to brush up on my anatomy a little. I've gotten so used to illustrating more cartoony characters that I've sort of lost touch with how all the muscles connect and work together.  Rest assured, I'm already doing some figure drawing sketches to fix that problem. I've got to be the best!

On to the next one. I think I might add some color this time too.

No comments:

Post a Comment