Monday, March 18, 2013

More Caricatures

I recently completed another caricature/portrait.  I hesitate to say that they are fully a caricature because I don't exaggerated the features as much as I could but I wanted it to be more of a cartoonish portrait.

This one was done for my friend Dylan's Mom and her husband.  We stayed with them in Washington last year for vacation and they had asked me if they could commission me for a portrait.  I decided to do it for free since they had been so hospitable.  Unfortunately, it took me a little longer than expected to get to the drawing as I had some more pressing projects to complete but they understood completely.  

 The inks were done with my usual tools, A Pentel brush pen and some Copic multiliners for the finer details. The color was done with some Prismacolor markers and I added some minor shading with some Prismacolor color pencils.  I recently purchased an assortment of skin tone markers so I was excited to give them a try. I'm hoping that I'll have  some opportunities to play around with the markers a little more and get better at using them.  There's something about using the traditional means of illustrating that is a bit more relaxing and satisfying than doing things digitally.

No comments:

Post a Comment