Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Caricature Gift

My Girlfriend wanted to do something special for a friend's birthday, so she decided to get an authentic Jeff Morin caricature done of her friend and family.

The illustration was done on an 11 x 17 inch vellum bristol board.  A Pentel brush pen was used for all the line work. Then I used some Prismacolor markers for the base colors, except for the skin-tones. I used a few Copic sketch markers for those. Only because I don't have any skin-tone Prismacolors other than peach which is a horrible color for skin it's more of a glowing orange.

All the shading and highlights were done with some Prismacolor colored pencils, by coloring on top of the base marker color.

I hear the recipient was very pleased with her gift.

2 comments:

  1. That looks great! What an awesome idea! I kinda want one myself...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Happy to do it. Just shoot me an email anytime.

      Delete