Monday, May 21, 2012

Nautical Illustrations

So, it's been a while since I've created any stock Illustrations but, recently, I had the opportunity to do some because of a freelance commission.  I was contacted by a company who had found my illustrations on Shutterstock.  They had purchased one of my worm illustrations and were using it on their website.  They wanted two more specific illustrations and couldn't find any stock Illustrations that would work or match the style of my worm cartoons.
Since they were content in using stock in their web design ( as apposed to owning the full exclusive rights to the art) I offered to illustrate these at a lower cost than normal if I could keep all the rights to the illustrations. That way I can offer these for sale on various stock sites.  It works out well for both parties, the client gets a good deal and I can continue to make money off of the illustrations long into the future.

If you'd like to download a copy of the sailor you can do so right here on IstockPhoto.  The pearl is also available on Istock. I'll be adding them both to my Shutterstock portfolio in the near future too.

And if you're interested in commissioning me for some custom artwork you can contact me by email: Jeffmorin.art@gmail.com  I'm gonna be drawing anyway. I might as well be doing it for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment