Saturday, August 6, 2011

Ballpoint Pen Sketch

These sketches were done with a ballpoint pen. There's something about a ballpoint pen that feels real nice when sketching. It's like the in between of pencil and ink. You can create light and dark lines like a pencil but the lines are bold, and smooth like ink.

featured in this sketch is Rudolph from my comic Rudolph The Hideous Abomination. I've been inking the final chapter of that lately and the character has been on my mind. Even though I've finished penciling the comic I was still trying to improve upon the structure of his design a bit. That's something I always do even if I'm no longer using a character. I do it all the time with the Disappointmentville characters. I think it's like a test for myself to see if my drawing ability has improved.

No comments:

Post a Comment