Saturday, August 13, 2011

The Wiz and friend


"Nothing can stop me because I'm the Wiz!" Remember that from Seinfeld?

Anyway, I wanted to try shading some ink drawings with markers. I always liked the way it looked. It's basically flat cell shading but because it's marker on paper it doesn't lay down completely flat and there's a little texture to it.

I wanted to buy a pack of cool grey Copic markers but holy geez they're expensive! They're great markers but I don't want to pay that much for a sketching tool. So, I settled for a light blue Prismacolor marker which I had lying around. Eventually I might buy the Cool Grey Prismacolor pack which is half the price of the Copics. It might be neat to shade the drawings and then colorize them with Photoshop or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment