Sunday, August 7, 2011

Power Up T-shirt

Once again, I have entered the Shirt.Woot derby. This week the theme is, Everyday 8-bit. They want everyday life depicted in an 8-bit video game style.

When I came up with this design, based on the Super Mario one up mushroom, I was pretty excited because I thought I had a winning idea. Apparently, so did a lot of other people. There's multiple designs on there that utilize some variation of a coffee power up. There's one in particular that is really similar to mine, that has made it into the top 9. They don't really attempt to parody Mario with theirs, it's more of a reference . Plus I was kind of trying to parody those Mario 1-up t-shirts specifically by making it green and stuff.

What do you think? If you like it, go give it a vote: http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=55574

No comments:

Post a Comment