Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Cook With Nick And Cinnamon

My long time friend Nick is a jack of all trades but master of none. One of those trades that he's not a master of is cooking. He loves to cook and learn about preparing food. Long ago he started a website, CookWithNick.com. I'm not really sure if the website is a serious cooking and recipe site or more of a hobby thing. I guess it's a little of both. It depends on what mood Nick is in. I suppose for him it's a serious hobby.



Every now and then I do a little Chef Nick illustration for the site. Since there's no payment involved I usually take the opportunity to do something different. This time I decided to practice my traditional inking. This is something I would like to get better at. I prefer digital inks for the most part because you can do it very quickly and it's easy to undo a mistake. But the old fashioned way has its advantages too. The ability to move my paper around is one. The ease of doing small flicks when doing cross hatching is another. Plus, having a clean finished ink drawing in the physical world is a lot more satisfying than having a digital file.

No comments:

Post a Comment