Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Nice T-shirt

You might remember, a couple of months ago I posted a Sketch Of The Week that featured my concept sketch for this very T-shirt design.

Originally my plan was to pay my friend Nick to print this shirt so I could sell a bunch locally at street festivals around my home town of Nice (pronounced "niece" despite it's spelling.) The plans have changed somewhat since Nick has decided to get back into the the t-shirt printing and selling business. He used to just sell various novelty tees on the internet but this time around he decided to steal my idea and start selling souvenir shirts locally. Rather than being angry at the fact that he took my idea, I'm happy about it. This is what I wanted all along. Now I don't have to worry about losing any money I invest in unsold T-shirts. I'll just collect a royalty on every shirt Nick sells that bears my design. Also, Nick is selling the shirts to local businesses thus increasing our potential clientele. Hopefully, come tourist season we will sell the heck out of these shirts and make it worth our while.

No comments:

Post a Comment